Thursday 14 December 2006

Vista launch event in the UK for developers

Microsoft have organised a Vista and 2007 Office System launch event (January 19-20th 2007) for developers, hosted at their Thames Valley Park Offices, Reading UK. Within a few days of announcing it, registration was closed (fully subscribed), although they are also streaming all sessions 'live' as a virtual event online. I'll give this latter choice a go and see how well it works... their intention is also to make it 'interactive' via blogs and interactive chat. Be interesting to see how well this all works in practice.

See day one agenda (sessions) and day 2 agenda (hands-on workshops).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if the final version (as released last month) of Microsoft's new OS met the expectations of those who attended this gathering. Were the skeptics or supporters proven wrong or otherwise? I've been using Vista for 2 weeks now, and surprisingly I haven't encountered any problem yet. Maybe it's because my Vista drivers are updated (thanks to http://www.radarsync.com/vista). I also upgraded my RAM to 2GB. I think that really helped too.