Wednesday 19 September 2007

IE Developer Toolbar released

I've talked about the IE developer toolbar before, but at that time it was beta.

MS have now (I say now, it was actually in May but hey I had a baby recently so forgive the delay) released an official version for download so you can feel confident in installing it on your work PC (yeh right). Looks very much like beta 3 to me but apparently there are various bug fixes and it is 'more reliable'. Also Vista compatible.

Download it here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=E59C3964-672D-4511-BB3E-2D5E1DB91038&displaylang=en

For me, the top features are:

  • browser resize to fixed resolutions (without bookmarklets)
  • html, css validation
  • dom tree views
  • see CSS styles 'firing" on elements
  • View partial/element source
  • easily kill cookies/session, cache
  • color picker

Worth a look.

Here's a good overview (albeit of beta 3) on MSDN if you've not seen it before.

No comments: